出國留學要提前做哪些準備工作
In this unit Shen Fu meets Lucy James, Director of the International Student Centre, and talks to a university student from the People』s Republic of China about some of the problems faced by international students.
在這個單元,沈浮見到國際學生中心主任,露西.詹姆斯,他還與一位從來的學生談到了外國學生所面對的一些問題。
FU: Lucy James?
你是露西.詹姆斯?
LUCY:You must be Shen Fu, Welcome to the International Student Centre.
你肯定是沈浮了。歡迎到國際學生中心來。
FU: I want to thank you for taking the time to show me around, Ms. James.
詹姆斯女士,很感謝你花時間帶我了解這裡的情況。
LUCY:Call me Lucy, Actually, it』s something we enjoy doing.
叫我露西吧,說實話,這是我們很樂意做的事情。
FU: How long has the centre been here?
這個中心建立多久了?
LUCY: Let』s see …. We』ve been in operation going on ten years now.
讓我想想….到現在,我們已經工作了十年了。
FU: That long? How did you get started?
這麼長時間嗎?你們是怎麼開始的?
LUCY: We noticed that the number of international students was way up. And a lot of them were having a tough time.
我們曾注意外國學生人數大大增加,而且,其中很多人遇到不少困難。
FU: What was that?
遇到什麼困難呢?
LUCY: Language problems, adjustment problems, and so on.
語言問題,適應問題,等等。
FU: I would imagine they find the centre enormously helpful.
我可以想象他們會發現這個中心對他們是極有幫助的。
LUCY:I hope so, The best thing though would be for them to come here better prepared.
我們也希望如此,但是對他們來說,最好還是在來這裡之前準備的更好些。
FU: That』s really the answer, isn』t it? You know when I get back home I』m going to help organize an orientation centre for students going abroad.
這才是真的解決問題的辦法,對吧?你知道嗎?我回國后準備組織一個預備中心,為準備出國的學生服務。
LUCY: That』s a great idea.
這可是絕妙的想法。
FU: Would it be possible to meet some of the students? To find out how an orientation centre might help them?
我能否和幾個外國學生見見?了解一下預備中心怎樣才能對他們有幫助?
LUCY: Sure! When would you like to do that?
當然了,你想什麼時候見呢?
FU: Hm, The rest of the week is out, How about next week?
哦,這個星期以後的幾天排滿了,下個星期如何?
LUCY: Okay, Give me a few days to line up a couple of students, I』ll call you.
好的,給我幾天的時間來安排幾個學生,我給你們打電話。
FU: Thanks you, Lucy.
謝謝你,露西。
LUCY: My pleasure.
不用客氣。
本文轉載自微信公眾號 GFWAIMAO 功夫外貿