When I Have Fears
每當我害怕
——約翰·濟慈
When I have fears that I may cease to be,
每當我害怕生命也許就要停息,
before my pen has gleaned my teeming brain,
我的筆還來不及收集我的諸多思緒,
before high piled books, in charactery, hold like rich garners the full-ripened grain;
把文字轉變為高高的書堆像存滿成熟穀物的糧倉一樣。
When I behold, upon the night's starred face, huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,
當我抬頭,看見那漫天星星的夜空中,巨大的雲朵幻化出傳奇故事,
and think that I may never live to trace.
想起我可能無法描繪它們的影像,然後我感受到。
Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance; and when I feel, fair creature of an hour!
它們的影像,那稍縱即逝的美麗。
That I shall never look upon thee more, never have relish in the faery power of unreflecting love.
我以後將不會再看到你,更不能在愛情的仙境中陶醉於它的魅力。
Then on the shore of the wide world I stand alone, and think, till Love and Fame to nothingness do sink.
然後,我獨自站在那廣闊的世界里思考,一直到愛情和名聲沉入虛無。
I Loved You
我曾經愛過你
——普希金
I loved you; and perhaps I love you still,
我曾經愛過你,也許現在依然愛著你。
The flame, perhaps, is not extinguished; yet It burns so quietly within my soul.
那愛的火焰,也許還未熄滅;然而它悄無聲息地燃燒在我的靈魂里。
No longer should you feel distressed by it.
我不想再讓你感到痛苦。
Silently and hopelessly I loved you, at times too jealous and at times too shy.
我只能默默地、絕望地愛著你。有時很嫉妒,有時很害羞。
God grant you find another who will love you as tenderly and truthfully as I.
希望上帝讓你找到另一個愛你的人,像我一樣溫柔、誠實地愛你。
-END-
圖 | 卞志國
推薦掌閱書城
《盛夏光景:世界上最華美的英文經典詩歌》
李凱 著
使用閱讀器閱讀更護眼喔!
一首經典的詩歌,總能不局限於自己所處的時代,講出一些永恆的東西,比如愛,比如美,比如希望。在閱讀這一百多首詩歌時,你會悄然被作者帶入到一個全新的世界里自由漫步,就像是與一位智者展開了平靜而又深遠的交談,超越了時空的限制。潛移默化中,你對世界萬物的著眼角度開始發生變化,你會用心去體會人生的真正含義,你會更快樂積極地對待生活,你將學會欣賞美並去創造美,你將會形成自己對生命、對世界的新的感悟。
◆ 聶魯達:我喜歡你是寂靜的
◆ 唯有愛你,是我做過最好的事情
◆ 如果我重返年少,這幾件事我必須做
小閱一直都在原地等你回來
隨時來看我,留言給我
喜歡的話,還可以給小閱點個贊哦