·一茶一書一隻貓·
▲
英國人最喜歡用以下這些片語去替代他們日常生活所說的話,有很多時候你聽不懂英國說什麼,就是因為他們喜歡用片語而不是單詞。
figure out 解決
I can't figure out how to solve this problem.
我解決不了這個問題
let down 失望
Don't let me down!
別讓我失望!
put forward 建議
I put forward a very interesting idea.
我提出了一個很有趣的想法。
put on 穿上
I put on warm clothes.
我穿上了溫暖的衣服。
put out 熄滅
I put out the fire.
我把火給熄滅了。
put up 提價
He put up the price.
他提高了價格。
bring down 降價
He decided to bring down the price.
他決定降價。
put through 接通
Your call has been put through.
你的電話接通了。
pick up 撿起
I saw a coin so I pick it up.
我看了一個硬幣,然後撿起來。
give in 屈服
I never give in.
我永遠都不投降。
give off 發出(味道)
Flowers give off a rich perfume.
花朵散發出濃郁的芳香。
give out 發布
Teacher give out some notes.
老師發了一些筆記。
eat out 出去吃飯
Would you like to eat out with me tonight?
你願意今晚和我出去吃飯嗎?
think over 仔細考慮
Sound great! I neet to think it over.
聽起來不錯。我要仔細考慮一下。
talk over 討論
Let's talk over this problem.
我們一起來討論下這個問題吧。
Stand up 站起來
Stand up for 支持
I will stand up for your plan.
我會支持你的計劃。
Sit down 坐下
stay up 熬夜
Jessica seldom stay up late at night.
傑西卡很少會熬夜。
bring back 回憶
It brings back very horrible memories.
這讓我回想起可怕的經歷。
go on 繼續
I go on playing basketball.
我繼續打籃球。
carry on 繼續
The team will not carry on without me.
小組少了我,不能繼續不下去了。
keep up 繼續
Keep up the struggle till you succeed.
繼續戰鬥直到勝利。
fall behind 落後
I fell behind the rest of my groupmates
我落後於我的組員。
give up 停止 or give up smorking 戒煙
Never give up!
永不放棄
bring up 養育
I was brought up by my mother.
母親把握養大的。
call off 取消
Can you help me to call off the appointment.
可以幫我取消預約嗎?
catch up 趕上
I have to catch up the bus.
我必須趕上巴士。
fill in 填寫
Fill in the information there.
在這個位置填寫你的信息。
run out of 用完
I have run out of time.
我沒有時間了。
look after 照顧
I look after my grandmother.
我照顧我的祖母。
take after 像
I take after my father.
我很像我的父親。
look forward to 期望
He was looking forward to your reply.
他期望你的回答。
look in 看望
I am going to look in you.
我來看望你了。
watch out 注意
There is a car coming! watch out!
注意!車來了。
look down on 看不起
He is so lazy. I look down on him.
他太懶了,我看不起他。
get in 進入,上車,到達
Get in! Let's drive to park.
上車!我們去公園。
Get out 給我出去!
get at 意思
What are you getting at?
你的意思是?
get up 起床
I don't like getting up early.
我不喜歡太早起。
cheer up 高興點
Why are you so sad? cheer up!
你為什麼這麼藍瘦香菇?高興點!
get down 開始
Let's get down to study.
讓我們開始學習吧。
get over 恢復
He is ill. I hope he will get over soon.
他生病了。我希望他能快點恢復。
find out 發現、找到
To find out more, please visit my article.
想要知道更多,請看我的文章
look through 查看,溫習
I looked through his plan.
我看了一遍他的計劃。
flick through 快速查看
I flicked through his plan.
我掃了一遍他的計劃。
fall out 爭吵
My girlfriend fell out with me.
我女朋友和我吵架了。
cut down 削減、砍倒
Xiaolin is so fat. She need to cut down on chocolate.
小林超級胖。她需要少吃點朱古力
break up 分手
How do you break up?
你如何提出分手的?
cut off 中斷
The electricity supply was cut off.
停電了。
dress up 打扮
My sister will dress up for the wedding.
我姐姐會在婚禮上裝扮。
dress down 穿便裝
I will dress down for my sister's wedding.
我在姐姐的婚禮隨便穿穿。
calm down 冷靜點!
count on 依靠
you can count on me.
你可以依靠我。
fed up with 受夠了
He is fed up with this noise.
他受夠噪音了。
back up 備份
Back up all the information.
備份所有信息。
take over 接管
I took over this company.
我接管這家公司。
check out 退房
When you leave the hotel, you have to check out.
當你離開酒店,一定要退房。
make out 理解
I can make it out.
我可以理解。
log in 登入
you can log in.
你可以登入了。
hang up 掛斷
I have to hang up now!
我現在必須掛斷電話!
bring about 引起、帶來
How do you bring about innovation?
你怎麼才能帶來創新?
bring back 回憶
Your article brought back happy memories.
你的文章勾起我快樂的回憶.
bring forward 提出
The government brought forward several proposals.
政府提出了一些建議。
brighten up 使快樂
It brightened up my day.
這令我很快樂。
take back 退換
I』ll take back these books.
我會還這些書的。
take in
I was take in.
我被騙了。
take off 降落
The plane took off.
飛機降落了。
go after 追求、跟隨
They went after him.
他們跟著他。
go against 違反、反對
It went against my beliefs
這違反了我的信仰。
move on 前進
I want to move on.
我想要向前邁進。
go by 時間流逝
The time went by very quickly.
時間飛速流逝。
go in for 參加、練習
I go in for sports.
我參與運動。
go away 給我走開!
leave out 省略、遺漏
His name was left out.
他的名字省略了。
go under 破產
They business went under.
他們的生意破產了。
do up 裝飾
We do up this room.
我們裝飾了一下房間。
open up 開、成立
I opened up my own company.
我開了一家公司。
close down 關閉
I closed down my business.
我關了我的公司。
come along 一起
come along with me!
和我們一起吧
switch off 關掉
I swiched off the computer.
我關掉電腦。
turn up/down 開大/小
Turn up the music!
把音樂開大聲點!
tell off 責備
He was told off by his parents
他被父母批評了。
turn into 變成
That girl turned into a beatiful girl woman.
女孩變成美麗的女人。
speak up! 大聲點
note down 記錄下來
Note down these questions.
把問題記錄下來。
sum up 總結
To sum up my credo in a sentence: Be patient.
我的人生信條總結一句話:耐心點。
hand out 分發
I handed out all my leaflets.
我把所有傳單都發出去了。
mix up 混淆
Don't mix up these questions.
不要混淆這些問題。
jot down 草草記下
Jot down the thought.
簡單記錄下你的想法。
wash up 清洗
I don't like washing up the dishes.
我不喜歡洗碗。
wear out 精疲力盡
I feel worn out.
我感到精疲力盡。
own up 坦白
Do they own up to their mistakes?
他們承認自己的錯誤了嗎?
work out 鍛煉
I work out at the gym 5 times a week.
我在健身房每星期鍛煉5次。
draw up 草擬
We must draw up a contract.
我們必須草擬一份合同。
doze off 打瞌睡
I often doze off in class.
我經常在課堂上打瞌睡。
keep away 遠離
keep away from heat!
遠離熱源!
bring off 完成
It was a very hard deal but I brought it off.
這很困難但我完成了。
pay off 償還
Pay off your credit cards every month.
每個月請償還你的信用卡賬單。
face up to 勇敢的面對
You need to face up to the fact.
你需要勇敢面對事實。
-END-