- When Kim and I got married and started living together, there's a learning curve.
- When a man and a woman start dating, they are in an adjustment period before they decide if it's going to be a long-term relationship.
- All animals go through an adjustment period when they go to a new environment.
- When your kid goes off to college, both you and your kid go through an adjustment period.
- When the new health care system is in effect, people need a phase-in period to adopt it.
- Do more expensive shoes have a shorter break-in period?
磨合 緩衝期 寬限期
 learning curve adjustment period phase-in period break-in period
learning curve = 磨合期，例如新婚夫妻一開始住在一起，會有一段磨合期 adjustment period 指人與人之間的磨合期，或動物與人之間的磨合期。 phase-in period 指制度或法律或規則的磨合期，例如新制度實施的磨合期。 break-in period 指使用新買的東西需要的磨合期，常用在車子的引擎，Do more expensive shoes have a shorter break-in period? 意思就是貴的鞋是否需要的磨合期較短?